Routine Maintenance in Little Panoche Creek Downstream of Detention Dam
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR)
- Document Title
- Routine Maintenance in Little Panoche Creek Downstream of Detention Dam
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project consists of routine maintenance in the creek; without maintenance, Dam failure could occur and the San Luis Canal and surrounding areas would be subject to material and economic damage. This project will manage water and sediment flow downstream of the Dam’s concrete spillway and outlet works. Annual maintenance will be conducted by DWR’s San Luis Field Division and will include removal of vegetation and sediment from the discharge structure, the creek, and the Dam face. This work will be conducted annually depending on the rate of vegetation growth and sediment deposition. See NOE for full details.
- Contact Information
Dept. of Water Resources San Luis Field Division
31770 Gonzaga Rd
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5123
- Firebaugh Los Banos
- Fresno Merced
- Little Panoche Creek Detention Dam and Reservoir
- Other Location Info
- The project is located immediately downstream of the Little Panoche Creek Detention Dam and Reservoir. The project area is approximately 19.5 miles southwest of the City of Firebaugh and 18.5 miles south of the City of Los Banos (Universal Transverse Mercator coordinates 696777.54 meters east, 4073195.68 meters north in Zone 10S).
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301 (Existing Facilities)
- Reasons for Exemption
- Sediment and vegetation removal will occur in the existing discharge structure, the Dam face, and in portions of Little Panoche Creek to restore the facilities and portions of the creek to design capacities. The project will restore designed flow downstream of the Dam, which will protect its integrity. The project will not increase the designed capacities or use of the creek or facilities.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020090560_Little Panoche Creek NOE PDF 255 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.