Sediment and Vegetation Removal from Four O'Neill Forebay Toe Drains
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR)
- Document Title
- Sediment and Vegetation Removal from Four O'Neill Forebay Toe Drains
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- DWR's San Luis Field Division (SLFD) will repair erosions, remove vegetation, and will remove approximately 150 cubic yards of sediment from the following toe drains at the O'Neill Forebay Dam: 132+45, 132+70, 132+80, and 134+75, as well as from the ditch extending approximately 800 feet west of the drain boxes. This work will return the capacity and operation of the drains and ditch to design specifications. Removed sediment will be used to fill erosions on the ditch slopes and will be compacted using an excavator or backhoe. Vegetation and sediment will be removed by excavator or backhoe. All removed vegetation, and any sediment not used to repair erosions, will be temporarily placed adjacent to the ditch until dry, and will then be transported by dump truck to the SLFD spoil pile at the B.F. Sisk Dam. State Water Project users will benefit.
- Contact Information
Dept. of Water Resources
San Luis Field Division 31770 Gonzaga Rd.
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5134
- Other Location Info
- O'Neill Forebay is in Reach 3A of the California Aqueduct, approximately 1.6 miles southwest of the City of Santa Nella; the toe drains are directly south of the O'Neill Forebay Dam spillway.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This work will occur in DWR's existing O'Neill Forebay Dam toe drains. The work will return the capacity and operation of the drains and ditch to design specifications and will protect the integrity of the dam. No expansion of use or capacity to the drains, dich, or dam will result because of this work. Categorical Exemption 15301(m) (Existing Facilities-Minor Repairs and Alterations to Existing Dams and Appurtenant Structures Under the Supervision of the Department of Water Resources) applies.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020090508_Sediment and Vegetation NOE PDF 115 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.