Goldberg Stream Crossings (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0418-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 - Northern Region, Redding and Eureka (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Northern and Eureka Region 1)
- Document Title
- Goldberg Stream Crossings (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0418-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to 5 encroachments to divert water for domestic use and upgrade failing and undersized stream crossings. Work for these encroachments will include excavation, removal of the failing crossings, replacement with new properly sized crossings, backfilling and compaction of fill, and rock armoring as necessary to minimize erosion.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Region 1 – Northern
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 445-6512
- Potter Valley
- Parcel #
- Soda Creek
- Other Location Info
- The project to be completed is located within the Soda Creek watershed, approximately 12 miles northeast of Potter Valley, County of Mendocino, State of California. The project is located in Section 14, T15N, R4E, Humboldt Base and Meridian; in the Lord Mount Diablo U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle; Assessor’s Parcel Number 154-160-030.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 2; California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 15302
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project replaces or uses existing structures where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, threatened, or rare species or their habitat pursuant to §15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020090419_1600-2019-0418-R1_MEN_MJ_Goldberg stream crossings_NOE PDF 233 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.