Open Ridge Road Fire Access (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0078-R3)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 3 - Bay Delta, Fairfield (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3)
- Document Title
- Open Ridge Road Fire Access (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0078-R3)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2020-0078-R3, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Mt. Veeder Fire Safe Council. The project includes improvements (i.e. widening and realignment) to a driveway at 4254 Dry Creek Road, which provides important access for Napa County Fire to the Old Ridge Road Shaded Fuel Break for fire prevention, suppression, and control. The new driveway will cross over an ephemeral swale and an unnamed tributary to Dry Creek. Within the unnamed tributary to Dry Creek an approximately 44-foot long, 36-inch diameter corrugated metal pipe (CMP) and associated concrete headwalls will be constructed. The pipe has been sized to convey the estimated 100-year storm and associated sediment load. Within the ephemeral swale an approximately 25-foot long, 12-inch diameter CMP with associated headwalls at the inlet and a T-pipe at the outlet will be constructed. The pipe will outlet into the unnamed tributary. The project will permanently impact approximately 450 square feet of streams and will remove invasive plant species, and plant native riparian species, over an approximately 480 square-foot area of streams on site to compensate for impacts.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Bay Delta Region
2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 94534
Phone : (707) 428-2076
- Cross Streets
- 4252 and 4254 Dry Creek Road
- Dry Creek
- Other Location Info
- The project is located on an unnamed tributary to Dry Creek and spans two properties: 4252 and 4254 Dry Creek Road, in the City and County of Napa.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 3; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15303(d)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project includes construction of limited numbers of new, small facilities or structures, including street improvements.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020090400_Open Ridge Road Fire Access PDF 264 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.