Butano Canyon Bridge Replacement Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2020-0107-R3)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 3 - Bay Delta, Fairfield (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3)
- Document Title
- Butano Canyon Bridge Replacement Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600- 2020-0107-R3)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to replacement of an existing residential bridge structure. The existing bridge is a 100-foot-long three-span bridge on Spruce Lane, constructed in 1952 with redwood spanners. The bridge connects residential homes to Spruce Lane. The bridge is deteriorating due to a failing deck and unstable foundation. The project would remove the existing deteriorating bridge deck and exposed abutments with a crane and excavator, construct a retaining wall on either end of the bridge outside of the stream channel, relocate a power pole and propane tank, remove one California nutmeg tree, realign a section of Spruce Lane, and reconstruct a single-span modular bridge. The bridge replacement would have a similar footprint to the current bridge.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Bay Delta Region
2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 95434
Phone : (707) 210-5104
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at Butano Creek, tributary to the Pacific Ocean, in the City of Pescadero, County of San Mateo, State of California.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type – Class 2; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15302; Replacement or Reconstruction
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of replacement of an existing, unserviceable bridge with a new bridge of the same size and footprint.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020090345_Butano Canyon Bridge Replacement PDF 266 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.