Del Valle Dam Stilling Basin Inspection and Maintenance (OM-DFD-2020-017)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR)
- Document Title
- Del Valle Dam Stilling Basin Inspection and Maintenance (OM-DFD-2020-017)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- DWR staff will inspect the Del Valle Dam spillway. Maintenance work will be completed within the stilling basin: 1.A flap gate will be replaced at the seepage vault outfall. 2.Catwalk panels will be installed replace lost panels. A generator will power two 6-inch pumps to dewater the basin. The flow will be directed via hoses into the normal downstream discharge. Scaffolding will be installed to temporary access the flap gate. Staging will be at the unpaved area. Access to the site is directly off Arroyo Road using the main entrance into Del Valle Pumping Plant. The entire project is within DWR right-of-way.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resources
1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-2908
Division of Operations and Maintenance
- 37°37'4.84"N 121°44'49.58"W
- Northern California San Francisco Bay Area
- Other Information
- South Bay Aqueduct (SBA) Del Valle MM 1.73.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, Existing Facilities, Section No. 15301(b)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The State Water Project provides significant and important services to many Californians. This project is exempt because it involves routine maintenance activities. This project will not result in impacts to special status species or habitat. Because this activity can be implemented without any significant environmental impacts, the Categorical Exemption Class 1 will be used for CEQA compliance.
- Notice of Exemption
- NOE DVD_Dewatering_Stilling_Basin_2020 PDF 421 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.