Fire Mitigation Pleasant Valley Creek Crossing 1 (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0241-R2)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, North Central Region 2 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Fire Mitigation Pleasant Valley Creek Crossing 1 (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0241-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has extended Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2020-0241-R2, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the project Applicant, Mark McLaughlin. The project is limited to the construction of two temporary stream crossings, a primary and a secondary, to access an area of the property for fuels reduction work. Heavy equipment will cross the stream twice, once to enter the area to complete the work and once to leave. The equipment consists of an excavator, telescopic forklift, wood mulcher/masticator, and emergency fire suppression system (500 gallon tank and pump). Personnel will cross twice daily, Monday to Friday, for approximately 2.5 months using pickup trucks (two estimated). The primary crossing will be used to access the area. The secondary crossing may be constructed for emergency egress purposes, and if constructed may be used if proximity results in less disturbance than backtracking to the primary crossing. The project includes installation of 8-inch minus native cobble on the south bank of Pleasant Valley Creek to prevent bank erosion during use of temporary crossing 1. The cobble will be placed in an approximately 70 foot by ten foot area. The project also involves laying native cut logs to create a ramp to prevent bank erosion during use of temporary crossing 2. The log ramp is estimated at 25 feet long by ten feet wide and may also require installation of eight inch minus native cobble for stability. Some willows adjacent to the crossing may need cut back. All materials placed for the temporary crossings will be removed once the fuels reduction work is complete.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
1701 Nimbus Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 932-3015
- Other Location Info
- The project is located on Pleasant Valley Creek at 2150 Pleasant Valley Rd., Markleeville, CA 96120, County of Alpine; Latitude 38.650721, Longitude -119.828198; Township 20E, Range 9N, Section 6 of the Markleeville U.S. Geological Survey Quad Map; Mount Diablo Base and Meridian.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type – Class 4; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project includes minor alteration to land by installing two temporary stream crossings and does not have a potential significant impact on the environment.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020090275_Fire Mitigation Pleasant Valley Creek Crossing PDF 368 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.