California American Water Company- San Marino – Danford Well 1 (Replacement to Winston Well) Project (Project)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- California American Water Company- San Marino – Danford Well 1 (Replacement to Winston Well) Project (Project)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- California American Water Company- San Marino proposes to replace a 915-gallon per minute, 378-foot deep Winston Well located at the Winston well site, with a 1,000-gallon per minute, 1,000-foot deep well, Danford Well 1, at the Danford well site. A 96-foot2, seven-foot tall chlorination building will also be installed on a 140-ft2 concrete pad at the Danford well site to house a chlorination tank, feed pumps, a residual analyzer, and interior lighting. A 16-foot2, two-foot deep catch basin will also be constructed. Four hundred eighty-five feet of half-inch to eight-inch diameter piping will be installed to connect the components to the system. A 48-foot2 transformer pad will be poured, and a transformer will be placed on it. An old switchboard will be replaced with a new 25-foot2 switchboard. Discharge tubing from the well and chlorine analyzer will also be installed to the storm drain system. The old Winston well will be destroyed. The project will provide chlorinated water to the existing system.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
Hollywood District Office 500 North Central Avenue, Suite 500
Glendale, CA 91203
Phone : (818) 551-2004
- Los Angeles
- Other Location Info
- Danford Well Site: 964 South Santa Anita in San Marino within Los Angeles County. Winston Well Site: 555 Winston Avenue in San Marino within Los Angeles County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1 Existing Facilities (California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Division 6, Chapter 3, Article 19, Section 15301)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The well, chlorination building (chlorination tank, feed pumps, residual analyzer, and lighting), catch basin, transformer, and transformer pad consist of Class 3, the location of a limited number of new small structures in urbanized areas, (Section 15303 (c), < 10,000-ft2). These components may also fall under Class 1, Existing Facilities, addition to existing structures, (15301 (e), <10,000-feet, not environmentally sensitive).
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020090216_CAWC_San Marino 1910139 _Danford Well 1_NOE PDF 186 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.