Cottonwood Creek Accelerated Wood Recruitment Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0122-R1)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Northern and Eureka Region 1 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Cottonwood Creek Accelerated Wood Recruitment Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0122-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2020-0122-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Michigan- California Timber Company. The project is limited to a total project area of approximately 0.532 acres and 240 linear feet to enhance a 3,200- foot long reach on Cottonwood Creek. The project will include placing up to 40 live creek-side Douglas-fir and Ponderosa pine trees into the creek. All trees will be felled within 80 feet of the creek and with diameters between 14 and 30 inches at breast height. No more than five trees will be felled inside a small floodplain on river left at the upstream end of the project reach. Trees identified for bank stabilization will not be felled. All work will be done by hand crews and positioned using a block and tackle pulley system to create up to ten logjams of two to six logs each. Heavy equipment will not enter project area and access will be done on foot. Work will be under the direction of U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service staff.
- Contact Information
Janae R. Scruggs
Department of Fish and Wildlife Region 1 - Northern
601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 945-9458
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at Cottonwood Creek, a tributary to Klamath River in the County of Siskiyou, State of California; Latitude 41.962099 degrees North, Longitude -122.623806 degrees West; Nearest town is Hilt, California; Assessor's Parcel Numbers (APNs) 006-250-420.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 33; California Code of Regulations, Title 14, section 15333.
- Reasons for Exemption
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has determined that the Project is categorically exempt from review under CEQA pursuant to California Code of Regulations. Title 14, Article 19, Section 15333 Small Habitat Restoration projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020090139_1600-2020-0122_R1_SIS_Cottonwood Ck Accelerated Wood Recruitment_NOE PDF 315 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.