Fort Goff Fish Passage and Diversion Improvement Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0572-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 - Northern Region, Redding and Eureka (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Northern and Eureka Region 1)
- Document Title
- Fort Goff Fish Passage and Diversion Improvement Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0572-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2016-0572-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Siskiyou Resource Conservation District. The project is limited to (1) improving the water diversion within the channel, (2) adding an intake structure and improving the conveyance system, (3) replacing the fish screen and flow bypass return, and (4) installing a flow measurement station compliant with Senate Bill 88. The fish screen diversion, operation and maintenance will be compliant with CDFW and NMFS criteria. The total project size is approximately 0.5 acres and 350 linear feet. See plans submitted with notification for a detailed description of the project and water diversion plan. Property ownership for the project includes the United States Forest Service for the upstream and the Hoover family downstream. The project is approximately 0.7 river miles upstream of State Highway 96. CDFW will assist with fish exclusion activities. The diversion wili continue to be maintained and operated by the Hoover and Dickinson/Meager families. Another Agreement will describe in greater detail the operation and maintenance of this new diversion facility.
- Contact Information
Janae R. Scruggs
Department of Fish and Wildlife Region 1 - Northern
601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 945-9458
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at Fort Goff Creek, tributary to Klamath River in the County of Siskiyou, State of California: Latitude 41.874 decimal degrees, Longitude -123.261 decimal degrees; nearest landmark Fort Goff Cemetery on State Highway 96; nearest town Seiad, California; Assessor's Parcel Numbers (APNs) 008-120-120 and 008-120-110.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 33; California Code of Regulations, Title 14, section 15333, Small habitat restoration projects not exceeding...
- Reasons for Exemption
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has determined that the Project is categorically exempt from review under CEQA pursuant to California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Article 19, Section 15333 Small Habitat Restoration projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020090138_1600-2016-0572-R1_SIS_Hoover Diversion on Fort Goff Creek_NOE PDF 337 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.