Conveyance of Central Valley Project Cross Canal Water to Kern County Water Agency (SWPAO #20025).
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR)
- Document Title
- Conveyance of Central Valley Project Cross Canal Water to Kern County Water Agency (SWPAO #20025).
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR) will convey up to 1,695 acre-feet of 2020 Central Valley Project (CVP) Cross Valley Canal water to Kern County Water Agency (KCWA). KCWA’s member unit, Wheeler Ridge-Maricopa Water Storage District (WRMWSD), acquired this CVP water from Pixley Irrigation District. The United States Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation) will make the CVP water available to DWR at O’Neill Forebay for subsequent delivery by DWR to KCWA’s turnouts in Reaches 9 through 16A of the California Aqueduct through February 28, 2021, in accordance with Article 55 of KCWA’s Water Supply Contract with DWR.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
State Water Project Analysis Office 1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
- Other Location Info
- From O’Neill Forebay to Reaches 9 through 16A of the California Aqueduct.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1; CEQA Guidelines Section 15301, existing facility.
- Reasons for Exemption
- a. State Water Project long-term water supply contract includes provisions for conveyance of nonproject water to SWP contractors. b. No construction is required to implement the proposed delivery. c. The facilities are existing facilities that have not been expanded or modified to implement the proposed change in points of delivery. d. There will be no change in land use.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020090131_ONeill Forebay to Reaches 9 NOE PDF 278 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.