Sediment Removal in the Cantua Creek Channel and Harlan Drain Inlet
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Sediment Removal in the Cantua Creek Channel and Harlan Drain Inlet
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Department of Water Resources
- Document Description
- The project consists of routine maintenance in the area between the terminus of Cantua Creek and the Aqueduct; this area allows floodwater and sediment to flow onto flood easements and enter the Aqueduct in a controlled manner and will return the area to design specifications. Without maintenance, sediment and vegetation will accumulate and cause floodwater to threaten the integrity of the Aqueduct. The project involves annually removing up to 7,500 cubic yards of sediment; any vegetation growing in the channel under four inches diameter at breast height will also be removed. In addition, the project will remove an unauthorized berm approximately 1,300 feet long and consisting of 4,800 cubic yards of sediment. Approximately 370 cubic yards of the sediment removed from the Creek channel or from the existing berm, will be used to create an approximately 100 feet long diversion berm, the remaining sediment will be placed in an existing spoil area south of MP 133.81R. This work benefits the State Water Project.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
31770 Gonzaga Rd
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5134
- Other Location Info
- Work will be on the right side (R) of the California Aqueduct (Aqueduct) milepost (MP) 132. ?OR near Cerini Avenue and south to MP 134.25R, approximately 11 miles northwest of the unincorporated community of Five Points.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Work will take place in an existing DWR area used to route flood water and protect the integrity of the Aqueduct. The work will return the area to design specifications and will not increase the use or capacity of channel or drain inlet.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020090093_Sediment Removal in the Cantua Creek PDF 90 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.