Squaw Creek Restoration and North Meadow Enhancement Project (Request No. 1652-2020-040- 001-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 2 - Northern Central, Rancho Cordova (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, North Central Region 2)
- Document Title
- Squaw Creek Restoration and North Meadow Enhancement Project (Request No. 1652-2020-040- 001-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Katrina Smolen, Friends of Squaw Creek
- Document Description
- Pursuant to Fish and Game Code section 1652, the California Department of Fish and Wildlife has approved the Squaw Creek North Meadow Enhancement Project submitted by Katrina Smolen, Friends of Squaw Creek. The proposed Project involves rehabilitating a heavily degraded portion of the Squaw Creek meadow, stabilizing a section of eroding streambank along Squaw Creek, and create greater floodplain connectivity.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife North Central Region
1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 767-3935
- Other Location Info
- The Project is located adjacent to the 16th hole at the Squaw Creek Golf Course, a property owned by Squaw Creek Associates, LLC. The Project is roughly centered on the following geographic coordinates: 39.199018°, -120.223551°. The Project affects Squaw Creek, a tributary to the Truckee River.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type – Class 33 California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15333
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 33 consists of small projects not to exceed 5 acres in size to assure the maintenance, restoration, enhancement, or protection of habitat for fish, plants, or wildlife.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020090072_NOE_SquawCreek PDF 280 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.