Release of water to the Owens River through the George Power Plants
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 6 - Inland Deserts, Ontario (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Inland Deserts Region 6 )
- Document Title
- Release of water to the Owens River through the George Power Plants
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Document Description
- The proposed Project is limited to operations associated with the stipulated agreement (Case No. 10088) including the release of water to the Owens River in excess of Court-ordered minimum flows between the Upper Gorge Power Plant and the Control Gorge Power Plant, not to exceed 120 cubic feet per second (cfs) (Exhibit A).
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
3602 Inland Empire Blvd. Suite C-220
Ontario , CA 91764
Phone : (760) 567-0332
- Inyo Mono
- Southern California
- Other Information
- The Project is located in the Owens River Gorge (Gorge) between the Long Valley Dam and the Control Gorge Power Plant (Exhibit A), within the Owens River. The Owens River is a tributary to Owens Lake. The Project area lies east of U.S. Route 395, approximately 22 miles north-west of the city of Bishop, in the Counties of Inyo and Mono, State of California; Section 10, Township 6S, Range 31E, United States Geological Survey (USGS) map Rovana; Section 5 &16, Township 5S, Range 31E, USGS Casa Diablo Quadrangle.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301 & 15321
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project is limited to operations of existing facilities associated with the stipulated agreement and requirement of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power to notify CDFW when water is released into the Owens River from existing facilities.
- Notice of Exemption
- 1600-2020-0094-R6_NOE PDF 227 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.