Newland Marsh, Project ID: 2019117
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Wildlife Conservation Board (California Wildlife Conservation Board)
- Document Title
- Newland Marsh, Project ID: 2019117
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Wildlife Conservation Board (WCB)
- Document Description
- A grant to State Coastal Conservancy to acquire 44± acres of land for the protection of habitat for nesting and foraging habitat for state-listed Belding's savannah sparrow, foraging habitat for California least tern, and other sensitive species. The property shall also be conserved for the purposes of wildlife habitat preservation, restoration and management, wildlife-oriented education and research, and for compatible public or private uses consistent with wildlife habitat preservation and protection of sensitive biological resources.
- Contact Information
John P. Donnelly
Department of Fish and Wildlife Wildlife Conservation Board
P. O. Box 944209
Sacramento, CA 94420-2090
Phone : (916) 445-0137
- Huntington Beach
- Other Location Info
- The eastern portion of the property is located at the southwest corner of Newland Street and Hamilton Ave.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Public Resources Code 21080.28. Acquisition of an interest in Land by a Public Agency.
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project involves the acquisition of land for wildlife conservation purposes and the transfer of an ownership interest in land to preserve open space and habitat, including plant or animal habitats.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020080503_2019117_NOE_Newland_Marsh_HC_CM_JW PDF 366 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.