Innovative Barracuda Chassis Depot
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Los Angeles, Port of (Port of Los Angeles)
- Document Title
- Innovative Barracuda Chassis Depot
- Document Type
- NEG - Negative Declaration
- Project Applicant
- Innovative Terminal Services, Inc.
- Present Land Use
- The Project site is comprised of six parcels that support chassis yard operations, including the storage, maintenance, and repair of chassis. These parcels are currently entitled under two RPs (approximately 1.6 acres) and three SAs (approximately 5.4 acres). The six existing parcels are currently paved. A metal building near the center of the Project site is used for the maintenance and repair of chassis, storage of parts and tools, and has additional space utilized for offices and as a lunch and break room for employees. No other buildings are located on the Project site. The three new parcels to be acquired for expansion are vacant. The parcels are paved, with the exception of approximately 1.5 acres of unpaved surface.
- Document Description
- The proposed Project involves an approximately 6.2-acre expansion of an existing approximately 7-acre property on Terminal Island in the Port of Los Angeles (Port). The approximately 7-acre property is currently operated as a chassis yard that provides storage, maintenance, and repair of chassis. The facility would be operated by Innovative Terminal Services, Inc. (Innovative). Innovative proposes to acquire a Term Permit to operate and expand the property to a total of approximately 13.2 acres. Expansion of the site would allow the chassis yard to serve as a chassis depot, which would provide the same existing activities in addition to a new stop/start function. The stop/start functionality would allow truckers to pick up and drop off chassis. This involves renting and returning chassis on a regular basis. Due to this new stop/start function, both truck traffic and the facility’s hours of operation would increase. The proposed Project site is located on 915 Earle Street, San Pedro, on Terminal Island. It is bounded by Earle Street to the east, Barracuda Street to the west, Bass Street to the south, and Cannery Street to the north.
- Contact Information
City of Los Angeles- Port of Los Angeles (Harbor Department)
425 S. Palos Verdes St.
San Pedro, CA 90731
Phone : (310) 732-7673
- 33°44'20.8"N 118°15'48.9"W
- San Pedro
- Los Angeles
- Cross Streets
- Cannery Street and Barracuda Street
- Total Acres
- Parcel #
- APN #7440-029-917
- Other Location Info
- 915 Earle Street, San Pedro, CA 90731
Notice of Completion
- Review Period Start
- Review Period End
- Reviewing Agencies
- California Air Resources Board California Coastal Commission California Department of Conservation California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Marin Region 7 California Department of Parks and Recreation California Department of State Parks, Division of Boating and Waterways California Department of Transportation, District 7 California Department of Water Resources California Governor's Office of Emergency Services California Highway Patrol California Native American Heritage Commission California Natural Resources Agency California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Los Angeles Region 4 California State Lands Commission Department of Toxic Substances Control San Gabriel and Lower Los Angeles Rivers and Mountains Conservancy State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Water Quality California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5
- Environmental Document
- Innovative_Barracuda_Draft IS-ND_with appendices PDF 3431 K Innovative_Barracuda_Signed NOI_English and Spanish PDF 695 K SCH Summary_Form-Barracuda PDF 607 K
- NOC-Barracuda_Signed_8-14-20 PDF 359 K
- State Comments
- 2020080336_CDFW Comment PDF 341 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.