City of Fortuna Watermain Replacement Appurtenant Culvert Replacement Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0279-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 - Eureka (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Eureka Region 1)
- Document Title
- City of Fortuna Watermain Replacement Appurtenant Culvert Replacement Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0279-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to 1 encroachment. The proposed encroachment is a culvert draining subsurface culverted stormwater from surrounding suburban and agricultural areas into Strong’s Creek a tributary to the Eel River. The work required is to maintain and upgrade a failing and undersized culvert draining into a stream crossing. Work for this encroachment will include excavation, removal of the failing crossings, replacement with new properly sized crossings, backfilling and compaction of fill, and rock armoring as necessary to minimize erosion.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Northern Region
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-5901
- Other Location Info
- The project is located within the Lower Eel watershed, within the City of Fortuna’s limits, County of Humboldt, State of California; Section 01, T2N, R1W, Humboldt Base and Meridian, in the Fortuna U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle; Assessor’s Parcel Number 202-051-008; latitude 40.5897N and longitude -124.13440W at the encroachment.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type – Class 2; California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 15302
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project replaces an existing structure where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, threatened, or rare species or their habitat pursuant to §15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020080236_1600-2020-0279-R1_HUM_City_of_Fortuna_Water_Main_Pipe_Culvert_NOE PDF 69 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.