Walz Water Diversion and Stream Crossings (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0043-R1)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Eureka Region 1 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Walz Water Diversion and Stream Crossings (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0043-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to 6 encroachments. One (1) encroachment is for water diversion from unnamed tributaries to Yager Creek. Water is diverted for domestic and irrigational use. Work for the water diversion will include use and maintenance of the water diversion infrastructure, as well as reconnecting the spring to the existing watercourse below a pond. Two (2) proposed encroachments include upgrading undersized stream. Work for these encroachments will include excavation, removal of the failing crossings, replacement with new properly sized crossings, backfilling and compaction of fill, and rock armoring as necessary to minimize erosion. Three (3) proposed encroachments include decommissioning existing culvert crossings.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Region 1 – Northern
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 445-6512
- Other Location Info
- The project to be completed is located within the Yager Creek watershed, approximately a half mile north of the town of Carlotta, County of Humboldt, State of California. The project is located in Section 22, T2N, R1E, Humboldt Base and Meridian; in the Hydesville U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle; Assessor’s Parcel Number 206-101-059.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type – Class 2; California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 15302
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project includes diversion of a spring, and reconnecting the spring back to its original watercourse channel downstream of a pond. In addition, existing watercourse crossings will be upgraded or decommissioned. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, threatened, or rare species or their habitat pursuant to §15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020080223_1600-2020-0043-R1_HUM_MJ Walz Water Diversion and Stream Crossings_NOE PDF 214 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.