Rick Piffero Water Diversion Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0834-R1)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Eureka Region 1 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Rick Piffero Water Diversion Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0834-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to three encroachments associated with existing water diversions from Unnamed Tributary to Unnamed Tributary to the Russian River under Water Right Application (WA) No. A025740 and Unnamed Tributary to Salt Hollow Creek under WA No. A024996. The upstream pond under WA No. A025740 is on APN 163-170-07 and is covered under a separate agreement. WA No. A025740 allows for 4.1 acre-feet of water to be collected into the Pond 1 from November 1 of one year to June 1 of the successive year. The maximum rate of withdrawal from Pond 1 is at a rate to not exceed 0.33 cubic feet per second (cfs). WA No. A024996 allows for 0.9 acre-feet of water to be collected into the Pond 2 from November 1 of one year to June 1 of the successive year. The maximum withdrawal amount from Pond 2 is 0.7 acre-feet per year. The bypass required for all onstream reservoirs is whichever is less, the natural flow or 0.1 cfs from November 1 through November 30, 1.25 cfs from December through February 29, and 0.25 cfs from March 1 through May 1. From May 2 through October 31 all-natural flow shall be bypassed.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Region 1 – Northern
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-5671
- Other Location Info
- The project to be completed is located within the Eel River, at the town of Shively, County of Humboldt, State of California. The project is located in Section 29, T1N, R2E Humboldt Base and Meridian; in the Redcrest U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle; Latitude 40.4458250, Longitude -123.9838361.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type – Class 1; California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- Activities will be conducted in a manner to protect water quality and to protect flow in the unnamed tributaries. No mature or scenic trees will be removed. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, threatened, or rare species or their habitat pursuant to §15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020080222_1600-2019-0834-R1_HUM_R1_Piffero Water Diversion_NOE PDF 215 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.