Targeted Sediment Removal at the Freeman Diversion (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0143-R5)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 5 - South Coast, San Diego (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5)
- Document Title
- Targeted Sediment Removal at the Freeman Diversion (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0143-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- United Waters Conservation District
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2020-0143-R5, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to United Waters. United Waters Conservation District will routinely remove accumulated sands from the concrete channel-lined inlet of the Freeman Diversion facility to maintain functionality of the facility. Sand will be removed utilizing an excavator-mounted suction pump.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (562) 342-7151
- Cross Streets
- 2641 West Los Angeles Avenue
- Other Location Info
- The Freeman Diversion Facility is located on the south bank of the Santa Clara River, 2.8 miles upstream of the Highway 118 bridge.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 1 consists of the operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing, or minor alteration of existing public or private structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographical features, involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency’s determination.
- Notice of Exemption
- 1600-2020-0143-R5_Final_Agreement PDF 383 K 2020080126_Targeted Sediment Removal at the Freeman Diversion PDF 281 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.