Operation of Rancho California Water District (District)- Well 176 (Replacement to Well 231) Project (Project)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Operation of Rancho California Water District (District)- Well 176 (Replacement to Well 231) Project (Project)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The District proposed Project includes the installation of a new 1,500-gpm well (Well 176) on an existing well site to replace an old 1,500-gpm well (Well 231) at another site. A 350-HP pump, turbine motor, and replacement well will be installed on a 64 ft.2 concrete pad. An existing sodium hypochlorite storage tank is included in an existing 120 ft2 enclosure on the site. Upgrades to the chlorination system will be made within the existing enclosure. Ten feet of¾ inch diameter chemical feed line will also be replaced to connect the chlorination system to the new well piping. Fifty feet of 1-foot diameter above-ground piping will be installed to connect the well to the existing system. Ten feet of 1- foot diameter discharge line will be installed to connect the well to the existing discharge system. Portions of existing fencing around the site will be replaced. The old well, Well 124, on the site will be destroyed and Well 231 will be converted ,to a monitoring well. The Project will provide for the operation of the system.
- Contact Information
J. Steven Williams
State Water Resources Control Board Riverside District Office
1350 Front Street, Room 2050
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone : (619) 525-4159
- Other Location Info
- Well 176 Site: 43880 Anza Road, Temecula, CA 92592 Well 231 Site: 34835 De Portola Road, Temecula, CA 92592
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1 Existing Facilities; Class 2 Replacement or Reconstruction; Class 3 New Construction or Conversion of Small...
- Reasons for Exemption
- The upgrades to the chlorination system consist of Class 1, additions to existing publicly-owned facilities, (<2,500 ft2) . The installation of Well 176 to replace Well 231 and replacement of the existing fencing with the new fencing is Class 2, utility systems and structures involving replacement of the same structures with no expansion of capacity within the same site I same location, (existing water system property, Section 15302 / 15302 (c).) The pump, turbine motor, and concrete pad consist of Class 3, the installation of small new equipment and facilities not exceeding 2,500 feet (c). The piping, chlorination line, and discharge line consist of Class 3, water mains of reasonable length to serve such construction, (<16 in ., <1 mile in length, Section 15303 (d)).
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020080089_Operation of Rancho California Water District PDF 1504 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.