Westridge Recycled Water Tank Upgrades Potable Make-up Above Ground Piping Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency
- Document Title
- Westridge Recycled Water Tank Upgrades Potable Make-up Above Ground Piping Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The activity is installation of a maximum 12-inch diameter water line to the Westridge recycled water tank. The water line will provide supplemental potable water to the tank if needed as a back-up water supply in case of a recycled water main break or if the Valencia Water Recycling Plant goes offline. The project generally consists of minor modifications to the existing recycled water tank including the installation of an above ground steel pipe with support attachments to the tank extended to the newly created roof opening in the tank. Demolition and modifications to the existing masonry wall and installation of a new driveway and rolling security gate is also part of the activity. The water line at the tank will be connected to a water main, via cut and cover construction methods to place approximately 102' of 12-inch Ductile Iron Pipe (DIP) between the tank and the water main located in the center median of Westridge Parkway. The work in the vicinity of the tank is within land owned by SCV Water, and the water line installed in the public right of way. The project involves temporary construction within the public right of way along Westridge Parkway, a dead-end street which will see little automobile or foot traffic. A traffic control plan will be put in place. Construction will take place over a maximum of 150 calendar days. The connection of a back-up water supply line does not increase the use of water, because recycled water users can also use potable water for irrigation.
- Contact Information
Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency
27234 Bouquet Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
Phone : (661) 705-7912
- Santa Clarita
- Los Angeles
- Other Location Info
- The Westridge recycled water tank is located on parcel No. 2826156900 along Westridge Parkway in Santa Clarita, CA.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- See CEQA Guidelines Section 15301 Existing Facilities and 15303 New Construction.
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project, aka the whole of the action, qualifies for an exemption under Class 1 Existing Facilities because it is a minor alteration of an existing public facility and it concerns proposed new mechanical equipment involving negligible or no expansion of use, i.e. no additional delivery of water, beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. None of the exceptions listed in Section 15300.2 of the CEQA Guidelines would apply to the action. The project environment is located within the paved public right of way, compacted earth parkway and driveway as well as within SCV Water's existing facility property.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020080084_Westridge Recycled Water Potable Make UP PDF 808 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.