On September 29, 2020, the Anaheim City Council, at their meeting, took the following actions related to the Stadium District Sub-Area A Project: approved the Amended and Restated Purchase and Sale Agreement, Angels Commitment Agreement, and Lease Assignment Agreement; and, introduced ordinances for the Zoning Code Amendments and the Disposition and Development Agreement. As
part of the actions for the proposed project, the Anaheim City Council adopted a Resolution approving and adopting a Sustainable Communities Environmental Assessment (SCEA), prepared based on a CEQA Guidelines Appendix N : Infill Environmental Checklist Form, which evaluated the environmental impacts of the proposed project and identified necessary mitigation pursuant to the requirements of the CEQA; adopting an Updated and Modified Mitigation Monitoring Plan (MMP) No.
106D; and making the following findings pursuant to CEQA:
1. The SCEA has been prepared in compliance with the requirements of CEQA, the CEQA Guidelines, and the City's Local CEQA Procedure Manual and, together with Updated and Modified MMP No. I 06D, serves as the appropriate environmental documentation for the Proposed
a. The proposed project is a Transit Priority Project in that it (i) contains approximately
6,109,582 square-foot of residential use, which is 52 percent of the total building square footage proposed for the Proposed Project, which is 11,692,149 square feet; (ii) provides a net density of 34 dwelling units per acre; and (iii) is within one-half mile of a major transit stop or high-quality trans it corridor included in a regional transportation plan, which includes Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center (ARTJC) and three Orange County Transportation
Authority (OCTA) bus routes;
b. The proposed project is consistent with the general use designation, density, building intensity, and applicable policies specified for the project area in Southern California Association of Government's 2016-2040 Regional Transportation Plan /Sustainable Communities Strategy (SCAG's 2016-2040 RTP/SCS) as described in detail in Chapter 2 of SCEA. Specifically, the proposed project is consistent with the City Residential and City Mixed-Use place types identified in SCA G's 2016- 2040 RTP/SCS as the proposed project's floor area ratio (FAR) of 2.45 and residential density of34 dwelling units per acre are comparable to the average FAR and residential density established for these two place types;
c. The proposed project has incorporated all feasible mitigation measures, performance standards, or criteria set fo1th in the previously adopted Environmental Impact Reports and addenda (City prior EIRs), including FSEIR No. 339, and adopted in findings made pursuant to PRC Section 21081 , incorporated herein by reference. In addition, the SCEA identifies relevant City Standard Conditions of Approval (SCAs) which function as uniformly applicable development policies (UADPs) that will substantially mitigate environmental effects. These SCAs and UADPs are adopted as requirements of individual projects when approved by the City and will be imposed on the Proposed Project;
d. In addition, the proposed project meets the criteria and performance standards for an "infill project" under PRC Section 21094.5 and CEQA Guidelines section 15183.3 and Appendix M that a llows the use of a Infill Project Checklist under CEQA Guidelines Appendix N as the basis for a SCEA (CEQA Guidelines section 15183.3( d)(2)(B)). This finding incorporates herein the discussion and findings related to the Proposed Project as an "infill project" in Section 2.4 of SCEA.
2. All potentially significant or significant project and cumulative effects required to be identified in the SCEA have been identified and analyzed, including those effects that have been analyzed in the City prior EIRs, including FSEIR No. 339, consistent with the standards in PRC section 21152(b )(1) and the Infill Project Checklist;
3. With respect to new project-specific effects or a substantial increase in the severity of significant impacts identified in the City prior EIRs, including FSEIRNo. 339, and SCAG's 2016-2040 RTP/SCS Program Environmental Impact Report (PEIR) that are not substantially mitigated by uniformly applicable development policies identified in the SCEA, changes or alterations have been required in or incorporated into the proposed project that avoid or mitigate the significant effects to a level of insignificance;
4. With the implementation of the mitigation measures contained in Updated and Modified MMP No. 106D, SCAs and UDAPs, the proposed project will not substantially increase the severity of significant impacts identified in the City prior ElRs, including FSEIR No. 339, nor will it result in new specific effects related to environmental effects which would cause substantial adverse effects on the environment.
The following determinations were made regarding the proposed project:
1. This project will not have a new project specific significant effect on the environment beyond those identified in the City prior EI Rs, including FSEIR No. 339, and the SCAG's 2016-2040 RTP/SCS PEIR.
2. A Sustainable Communities Environmental Assessment (SCEA) was prepared and approved for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA.
3. Mitigation measures were made a condition of the approval of this project.
4. A mitigation monitoring and reporting program was adopted for this project.
5. Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA.
6. A Statement of Overriding Considerations was previously adopted for this project.