Unbalanced Exchange of State Water Project Table A Water between San Gorgonio Pass Water Agency and Ventura County Watershed Protection District (SWPAO #20016)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Unbalanced Exchange of State Water Project Table A Water between San Gorgonio Pass Water Agency and Ventura County Watershed Protection District (SWPAO #20016)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Under the proposed water exchange, DWR will deliver up to 3,000 acre-feet of VCWPD’s approved 2020 State Water Project Table A water to SGPWA by December 31, 2020. This amount will be proportioned between two of VCWPD’s member agencies, City of San Buenaventura (Ventura) and Casitas Municipal Water District (Casitas). Up to 2,000 acre-feet shall come from Ventura and up to 1,000 acre-feet shall come from Casitas. In exchange, SGPWA will return to Ventura and Casitas, based on an exchange ratio of 4 to 1, up to 750 acre-feet of its future approved SWP Table A water. That is, for every 4 acre-feet of VCWPD’s approved 2020 Table A water delivered to SGPWA, 1 acre-foot will be returned to the appropriate member agency by December 31, 2030.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
State Water Project Analysis Office 1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
- Riverside Ventura
- Other Location Info
- From the Delta to San Gorgonio Pass Water Agency’s (SGPWA) turnout(s) at Reaches 4A and 4B of the California Aqueduct’s East Branch Extension and Ventura County Watershed Protection District’s (VCWPD) turnout(s) at Reach 30 of the California Aqueduct’s West Branch.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1; CEQA Guidelines Section 15301, existing facility
- Reasons for Exemption
- a. The project is a water management operation using only existing facilities. b. The project will not support new development or a change in land use. c. The project does not establish a new permanent source of water supply. d. The project is entirely within the SWP place of use.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070547_02_20016 PDF 456 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.