Execute Letter Agreement with Rosedale-Rio Bravo Water Storage District to Increase Annual Maximum Delivery from 16,500 to 20,000 acre-feet per year
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Coachella Valley Water District
- Document Title
- Execute Letter Agreement with Rosedale-Rio Bravo Water Storage District to Increase Annual Maximum Delivery from 16,500 to 20,000 acre-feet per year
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Coachella Valley Water District (CVWD), executed a letter agreement with Rosedale-Rio Bravo Water Storage District (RRBWSD) that supplements the July 10, 2012, Assignment Agreement between CVWD and RRBWSD. The letter agreement executed, on July 14, 2020, increases the annual maximum delivery from 16,500 acre-feet per year (AFY) to 20,000 AFY when necessary to defer delivery to a subsequent year at the Whitewater River Groundwater Replenishment Facility (Whitewater). The purpose of this item is to provide added operational flexibility for management of the Rosedale water. The original Water Supply Agreement (Rosedale Agreement) was executed between Glorious Lands Company (GLC) and RRBWSD on January 1, 2005, and specified a firm annual delivery volume of 9,500 acre-feet (AF) with an option to purchase an additional 7,000 AF when available, for a maximum annual delivery of 16,500 AFY. CVWD assumed GLC's rights and responsibilities of the 2005 Rosedale Agreement with the July 10, 2012, Assignment Agreement with the same terms and conditions. Like CVWD' s other imported water supplies, Metropolitan Water District (MWD) exchanges the Rosedale water with MWD's Colorado River water to be delivered at Whitewater. Currently, when the Rosedale water is unable to be delivered by December 31 of the year in which it is made available to CVWD by RRBWSD, the water is carried over in San Luis Reservoir and delivered the following year, resulting in a potential exceedance of the annual 16,500 AFY maximum. The action provided in the July 14, 2020, letter agreement supplements the 2012 Assignment Agreement to increase the maximum amount of water that can be delivered in a given year from 16,500 AF to 20,000 AF, when necessary. Under the July 14, 2020, letter agreement, the firm annual delivery volume of 9,500 AFY does not change, and CVWD can take all, part, or none of the additional 7,000 AFY in years when it is available. The total amount delivered to CVWD from RRBWSD during the term of the Assignment Agreement remains the same at 252,500 AF delivered by September 30, 2035.
- Contact Information
Coachella Valley Water District
75515 Hovley Lane East District
Palm Desert, CA 92211
Phone : (760) 398-2651
- Palm Springs
- Other Location Info
- Whitewater River Groundwater Replenishment Facility located in north Palm Springs, within Riverside County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- State CEQA Guidelines §15378(a) and (b)(5); State CEQA Guideline §15061(b)(3)
- Reasons for Exemption
- Approval of this letter agreement is not subject to CEQA because it does not constitute a "project," i.e., pursuant to State CEQA Guidelines §15378(a) and §15378(b(5), whereas the action has no potential to result in a direct or reasonably foreseeable indirect physical change in the environment because the action will merely increase the maximum annual delivery in a given year, without changing the total water available from the Rosedale service area, the amount of water delivered during the life of the agreement or to another party, and constitutes an administrative activity that will not result in a direct or indirect physical adverse change in the environment not previously analyzed. See NOE for full details.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070541_Execute Letter Agreement with Rosedale-Rio Bravo Water Storage District to Increase Annual Maximum Delivery PDF 1423 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.