M109 over White River Bridge Replacement Project-Geotechnical Investigations
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Tulare County
- Document Title
- M109 over White River Bridge Replacement Project-Geotechnical Investigations
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Tulare County Resource Management Agency-Public Works
- Document Description
- The purpose of the geotechnical investigations is to determine existing conditions and to test the suitability of the ground to support future abutments of the replacement bridge structure. Geotechnical investigation will include six (6) borings, three on the west side of M109 and three on the east side of the M109. No permanent impacts from the geotechnical investigation are anticipated to occur. Borings will require less than 3 square feet of soil disturbance from the six, 6-inch, diameter bore holes. Upon completion, backfill of the borings will be completed with neat cement grout, and native soils, or in accordance with County requirements.
- Contact Information
Tulare County Resource Management Agency-Public Works
5961 South Mooney Blvd.
Visalia, CA 93277
Phone : (559) 624-7135
- White River
- Other Location Info
- General: M109 over White River Bridge Replacement Project Area
- Other Information
- Specific: M109 White River Bridge in White River, Tulare County, CA
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- CEQA guidelines 15304(f) (Minor Alterations to Land)
- Reasons for Exemption
- CEQA Guidelines Section 15304(f) sets forth the categorical exemption, which consists of "minor public or private alterations in the conditions of land, water, and/or vegetation which do involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees except for forestry or agricultural purposes." Subsection(f) specifically notes the process of "minor trenching and backfilling where the surface is restored." Categorical Exemption 15304(f) is applicable to the proposed geotechnical investigations due to the fact that no healthy, mature, scenic trees will be removed and that all boring activities will be backfilled, and sufraces will be restored to current conditions. Therefore, the use of Section 15304(f) is applicable and appropriate for this project.
- Notice of Exemption
- WhiteRiverBridge_2_ocr PDF 295 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.