Permit Numbers: 19489, 19490, 19491, 19492, 19493, 19494, 19495, 19496, 19497, and 19498: Kern Oil Fields
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Document Title
- Permit Numbers: 19489, 19490, 19491, 19492, 19493, 19494, 19495, 19496, 19497, and 19498: Kern Oil Fields
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Chevron North America
- Document Description
- To authorize existing oil production wells and stream injection wells located within the Kern River Designated Floodway.
- Contact Information
Central Valley Flood Protection Board
3310 El Camino Avenue, Suite 170
Sacramento, CA 95821
Phone : (916) 480-5413
- Other Location Info
- The projects are located on the north and south banks of the Kern River bounded between McMannus Road to the east and Beardsley Canal to the west, northeast of the City of Bakersfield in Kern County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15301: Existing Facilities
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is exempt from CEQA under the Class 1, Existing Facilities categorical exemption (CEQA Guidelines § 15301), because the proposed activity consists of permitting existing private facilities. No expansion of existing or former use will occur. Further, none of the exceptions to the exemptions in CEQA Guidelines Section 15300.2 apply.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020 PDF 231 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.