Vista Valley Villas PRS Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Rainbow Municipal Water District
- Document Title
- Vista Valley Villas PRS Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project involves installation of a pre-manufactured EFI pressure reducing station (PRS) that would reduce pressure-related breaks. The project would construct a retaining wall on a 13 ft by 13 ft easement, where the PRS would be installed. The project includes the installation of two 12-inch plug valves in existing water mains just north of the EFI PRS site and removal of an existing pipe cross and connecting two pipe runs (one 8-inch CMLC pipe segment and three 12-inch CMLC segments). The addition of valves and reconnecting a pipe crossing would provide better accessibility and minimize interruption of service to District customers during routine maintenance and unforeseen leak repairs.
- Contact Information
Rainbow Municipal Water District
3707 Old Highway 395
Fallbrook, CA 92028
Phone : (760) 728-1178 ext. 173
- San Diego
- Other Location Info
- The project site is located within the HOA located at 29155 Laurel Valley Drive, Vista, CA 92084.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 2, Section 15302 and Class 3, Section 15303.
- Reasons for Exemption
- The PRS component of the project qualifies for a Section 15302 (Class 2) exemption, which describes replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure would be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced, including existing utility facilities involving negligible or no expansion of capacity. Adding two valves to the existing water transmission line and the act of disconnecting and reconnecting an existing pipe crossing qualify for a Section 15303 (Class 3) exemption, which describes installation of small new equipment and facilities in small structures and the conversion of existing small structures from one use to another where only minor modifications are made in the exterior of the structure.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070457_NOE Vista Valley Project PDF 616 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.