California Aqueduct Reach 3A Erosion Repairs
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- California Aqueduct Reach 3A Erosion Repairs
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- SLFD will repair erosion, as needed, along existing roads and v-ditches in Aqueduct Reach 3A. The eroded material onsite will first be used to backfill the erosion; if additional material is needed, it will be transported from existing SLFD stockpiles. After being backfilled, the erosion will be compacted either by rolling with a sheep's foot roller or by tamping with the bucket of an excavator or backhoe. The eroded sites will be recontoured to their original slope. This work will be conducted annually. State Water Project Contractors will benefit.
- Contact Information
Dept. of Water Resources San Luis Field Division
31770 Gonzago Rd.
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5134
- Other Location Info
- Erosions will be repaired, throughout Reach 3A of the California Aqueduct (Aqueduct), immediately east of and below Sisk Dam. Additional fill material will be taken from existing San Luis Field Division (SLFD) soil stockpiles.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301 (Existing Facilities)
- Reasons for Exemption
- As needed, the project will repair erosions along existing roads and vditches in Aqueduct Reach 3A. Repairs are necessary to prevent access roads from becoming unusuable, but will not increase the capacity or use of the roads. Categorical Exemption 15301 (Existing Facilities) applies.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070442_California Aqueduct Reach 3A Erosion Repairs PDF 109 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.