California Aqueduct Milepost 118.45L Westlands Water District Air Valve Repair or Replacement
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- California Aqueduct Milepost 118.45L Westlands Water District Air Valve Repair or Replacement
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Westlands Water District (WWD) has requested permission to encroach in DWR's right-of-way to excavate an approximately 10-foot-wide by 10- foot- long by 6-foot-deep area at MP 118.45L. WWD will first remove a protective concrete cylinder and will then excavate about 10 cubic yards of material. This material will be stockpiled next to the excavated area. Then, a 5-foot section of vertical PVC pipe that ties into the subline will be removed to access the air release valve. The valve will be inspected and will either be repaired or replaced using hand tools. Once the air valve is repaired or replaced, the 5-foot section of vertical PVC pipe will be replaced with galvanized pipe. The area will be backfilled and compacted, and the protective concrete cylinder will be installed in its original location. WWD benefits.
- Contact Information
Dept. of Water Resources San Luis Field Division
31770 Gonzago Rd.
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5134
- Other Location Info
- The project is located on the left side (L) of the California Aqueduct (Aqueduct) at MP 118.45, approximately 0.98 miles south of the intersection of Manning Avenue and the Aqueduct.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- State type and section number: 15305(b)
- Reasons for Exemption
- WWD requests encroachment permission to repair or replace an existing valve in DWR's right-of-way. DWR is the Responsible Agency issuing an encroachment permit to WWD. Work consists of minor alterations to land with an average slope of less than 20 percent. Categorical Exemption 15305(b) (Minor Alterations in Land Use Limitations--lssuance of Minor Encroachment Permits) applies. WWD is responsible for any additional CEQA and will obtain any necessary permits.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070441_California Aqueduct Milepost 118 PDF 111 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.