California Aqueduct Milepost 98.50R Verizon Fiber Optic Line Repairs
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- California Aqueduct Milepost 98.50R Verizon Fiber Optic Line Repairs
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- MCI/Verizon has requested permission to encroach on the DWR right-of-way to repair existing fiberoptic lines. To locate existing Verizon communication vaults, they will excavate approximately 2 feet wide by 4 feet deep by 2000 feet long trenches. Once the vaults are located, technicians will run tests to determine the location of the damaged fiberoptics. As necessary, the fiberoptic cables will be either replaced, or new sections of cable will be spliced into the existing cable. After the repairs are made, all excavated areas will be backfilled, compacted, and recontoured. MCI/Verizon and its clients will benefit.
- Contact Information
Dept. of Water Resources San Luis Field Division
31770 Gonzago Rd.
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5134
- Other Location Info
- Work will occur on the right (R) side of the California Aqueduct (Aqueduct) in the California Department of Water Resources (DWR) right-of-way within 0.5 miles upstream and downstream of milepost (MP) 98.50. The location is approximately 3.5 miles southeast of the intersection of W. Shields Avenue and the Aqueduct.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15305 (b) and 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- DWR will issue an encroachment permit to MCI/Verizon so they can repair existing communication fiberoptic lines in DWR's right-of-way. The work will occur in areas that have an average slope of less than 20 percent, and will not change land use density, or expand the use of the lines. Categorical Exemptions 15305 (b) (Minor Alterations in Land Use Limitations -Issuance of Minor Encroachment Permits) and 15301 (Existing Facilities) apply.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070440_California Aqueduct Milepost 98 PDF 111 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.