Conveyance of up to 2,500 acre-feet of 2020 Central Valley Project Water to Kern County Water Agency (SWPAO #20021).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Conveyance of up to 2,500 acre-feet of 2020 Central Valley Project Water to Kern County Water Agency (SWPAO #20021).
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Department of Water Resources (DWR) will convey up to 2,500 acre-feet of 2020 Central Valley Project (CVP) water (Non-Project Water) to Kern County Water Agency (KCWA), on behalf of Wheeler Ridge-Maricopa Water Storage District (WRMWSD), under Article 55 of KCWA’s long-term Water Supply Contract with DWR. This Non-Project Water was acquired from Orange Cove Irrigation District, a CVP Friant Division Contractor. The United States Bureau of Reclamation will make the Non-Project Water available at O’Neill Forebay for DWR to deliver to KCWA’s service area for use in WRMWSD’s lands within the CVP place of use.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resource State Water Project Analysis Office
1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
- Other Location Info
- From O’Neill Forebay to California Aqueduct Reaches 12E through 16A.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1; CEQA Guidelines Section 15301, existing facility
- Reasons for Exemption
- a. State Water Project long-term water supply contract includes provisions for conveyance of non-project water to SWP contractors. b. No construction is required to implement the proposed delivery. c. The facilities are existing facilities that have not been expanded or modified to implement the proposed change in points of delivery. d. There will be no change in land use.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070423_Central Valley Project Water to Kern PDF 534 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.