SFPP LS-16 Pipeline Exposure at Alameda Creek
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 3 - Bay Delta, Fairfield (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3)
- Document Title
- SFPP LS-16 Pipeline Exposure at Alameda Creek
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Project involves the emergency repair of an existing petroleum products pipeline which crosses waters of the U.S. The project work will protect and restore a minimum of five feet of vertical cover to an approximately 20-foot long exposed section of the SFPP LS-16 pipeline where it crosses Alameda Creek. CDFW has issued the Incidental Take Permit (ITP) (2081-2020-035-03) in the present case as a lead agency for purposes of CEQA. (ld., § 21067).
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) Bay Delta Region
2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 95434
Phone : (707) 644-2812
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Pub Resources Code, §§ 21080.21 and 21080.23; Cal. Code Regs, tit. 14, §15284.
- Reasons for Exemption
- In its capacity as lead agency, CDFW determined that the Project and issuance of the ITP are subject to two statutory exemptions relating to pipelines. (Pub. Resources Code, §§ 21080.21 and 21080.23; Cal. Code Regs., tit. 14, § 15284). First, pursuant to Section 21080.21, the Project is statutorily exempt from CEQA because it involves maintenance activities on a section of pipeline that is less than one mile in length, within a public right-of-way, and part of a subsurface facility. Second, pursuant to Section 21080.23, the Project is statutorily exempt because CEQA does not apply to any project consisting of the inspection, maintenance, repair, restoration, reconditioning, relocation, replacement, or removal of an existing hazardous or volatile liquid pipeline or any valve, flange, meter, or other piece of equipment that is directly attached to the pipeline if the pipeline diameter will not be increased and the Project is not located within the boundaries of an oil refinery and it meets the following criteria: See NOE for full details.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070324_2081-2020-035-03 SFPP LS-16 Pipeline Exposure ITP-NOE PDF 258 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.