Leal Water Diversions Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0098-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 - Eureka (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Eureka Region 1)
- Document Title
- Leal Water Diversions Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0098-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2020-0098-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Lenda Leal. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600- 2020-0098-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Lenda Leal. The project consists of two encroachment(s): The project is limited to two encroachments, for water diversion from the Mad River. Water is diverted for pasture irrigation. Work for these water diversions will include facility retrofit, use, and maintenance of the water diversion infrastructure and minor excavation of the gravel bed of the Mad River for annual water diversion infrastructure placement.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Northern Region
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-2077
- Other Location Info
- The project is located within the Mad River watershed, approximately one-mile northwest of the town of Arcata, County of Humboldt, State of California; Section 7, T6N, R1E, Humboldt Base and Meridian; in the Arcata North U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle; Assessor's Parcel Number 506-331-005 and 507-151-001.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type — Class 1 and 2; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15301 and 15302
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is limited to two encroachments, for water diversion from the Mad River. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070314_1600-2020-0098-R1_HUM_Leal Morias Dairies_Water Diversion_NOE PDF 420 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.