Humboldt State University ongoing education and research in the marine and estuarine sciences in Humboldt County
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 7 - Marine, Monterey (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Marin Region 7)
- Document Title
- Humboldt State University ongoing education and research in the marine and estuarine sciences in Humboldt County
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Grant Eberle, Principle Investigator, Humboldt State University
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife is issuing a permit to Humboldt State University pursuant to Fish and Game Code Section 2081(a) to collect and sample marine organisms for Humboldt State University ongoing education and research in the marine and estuarine sciences in Humboldt County. The Section 2081(a) permit authorizes Humboldt State University to incidentally take Longfin Smelt and Coho Salmon during the course of sampling, subject to terms and conditions set forth in the permit. The purpose of this sampling is for educational opportunities for Humboldt State University students in estuarine and marine waters off of Humboldt County, California.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
619 Second St.
Eureka , CA 95501
Phone : (707) 499-0354
- Arcata Eureka Trinidad
- Northern California
- Trinidad Harbor, Humboldt Bay
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15306, Information Collection, Class 6.
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project involves periodic sampling and collections in estuarine and marine waters which will not result in a serious or major disturbance to Longfin Smelt, Spirinchus thaleichthys, or Coho Salmon, Oncorhynchus kisutch, both listed as threatened species.
- Notice of Exemption
- C__Users_cflannery_Documents_MOUs_Eberle_2081a_NOE_Eberle_SIGNED_200713 PDF 28 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.