Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area – Poleline Road/Gas Dome Trail Restroom Parking Pad Replacement
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area – Poleline Road/Gas Dome Trail Restroom Parking Pad Replacement
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of this project is to demolish, remove, and replace the concrete parking area surrounding the vault toilet restroom located on Poleline Road, near the intersection of Gas Dome Trail. Over the years, the ground underneath the facility has heaved and settled, now the concrete parking pad and adjoining sidewalk apron no longer meets accessibility standards. Maintenance staff has been able to provide a short-term fix in the meantime, but public safety and the need for public access to the facilities is paramount. At the end of the project, one accessible and striped van parking space will be available for public use. The maximum depth of excavation will be 3 feet. The parking pad will be 20 feet by 20 feet, the access aisle will be 8 feet by 15 feet, the new concrete pad will be approximately 6 inches deep. A skid steer, sledgehammers, and backhoe will be used for the demolition. A backhoe will over excavate the native soils and any old road base from the concrete pad area. The skid steer will place and level road base and provide compaction through vibratory roller. A water truck will provide dust control and water for moisture conditioning road base.
- Contact Information
Jon M. O’Brien
California Department of Parks and Recreation (CDPR)
Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Division 1725 23rd Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95816-7100
Phone : (916) 324-1574
- Other Location Info
- Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area (SVRA)
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15302, Replacement of existing facility on the same site having substantially the same...
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is exempt because it falls within the CE class listed above. Proposed activities described above do not have the potential for causing a significant effect on the environment. A CEQA Project Evaluation Form for the project is on file at the Off- Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division office listed above.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070167_OWPolelineGasDomeCTparkingpadreplacementNOE_signed PDF 259 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.