Fire Pump Equipment Installation by San Diego Convention Center Corporation at Centre City Embarcadero
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- San Diego Unified Port District
- Document Title
- Fire Pump Equipment Installation by San Diego Convention Center Corporation at Centre City Embarcadero
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project would involve replacement of existing fire pump equipment and installation of new fire suppression and pump equipment by San Diego Convention Center Corporation (Applicant) in the City of San Diego, California. Work to specifically complete the proposed project would involve the following improvements within the Convention Center: (1) replacement of an existing diesel fire pump, controller, power cabling, main circuit breaker, splice box, and jockey pump; (2) installation of new control valve, flow meter and gauge, air vent, switchboard, pull box, and utility meter; and (3) extension of service connectors and housekeeping pad to new switchboard to repair aging infrastructure and Improve fire suppression functionality. Construction of the proposed project is anticipated to occur in April 2020 and would take approximately six (6) months to complete. Due to its nature and limited scope, construction of the proposed project would generate a minor amount of vehicle trips and would require limited use of equipment. Therefore, significant impacts related to air quality, greenhouse gas emissions, and transportation and traffic are not anticipated to occur. Furthermore, the Applicant would be responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding construction demolition debris, hazards and hazardous materials, and stormwater.
- Contact Information
San Diego Unified Port District
Development Services Department 3165 Pacific Highway
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone : (619) 686-8112
- San Diego
- San Diego
- Other Location Info
- 111 West Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Existing Facilities (SG § 15301) (Class 1), Replacement or Reconstruction (SG § 15302) (Class 2), and New Construction..
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project is determined to be Categorically Exempt pursuant to California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines Section 15301 (Existing Facilities), 15302 (Replacement or Reconstruction), and 15303 (New Construction or Conversion of Small Structures), and Sections 3.a., 3.b., and · 3.c. of the District's Guidelines for Compliance with CEQA because it consists of replacement and installation of new fire pump equipment and would not result in a significant cumulative impact due to the continuation of the existing use, would consist of the replacement of existing facilities, would be located on the same site as the structures replaced, would have substantially the same purpose and capacity, and would consist of construction and location of new, small facilities to support fire pump operations. Section 3.a., 3.b., and 3.c. of the District's CEQA Guidelines are as follows: See NOE for full details.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070142_2020-011 Fire Pump Equipment Installation by San Diego Convention Center Corporation at Centre City Embarcadero [NOE] PDF 1769 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.