South Bay Aqueduct (SBA) Erosion Repairs (OM-DFD-2020-005)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- South Bay Aqueduct (SBA) Erosion Repairs (OM-DFD-2020-005)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Division of Operations and Maintenance
- Document Description
- Delta Field Division will be repair erosion damage on the SBA. Staff will use a backhoe to remove loose soil in the eroded area. Clean fill will be hauled by dump truck and placed in lifts for compaction until the original slope is attained. A water truck will be used for dust mitigation and to wet soil to be compacted. Aggregate base will be re-applied to areas. Staff will use plastic sheeting and straw wattles at stockpile locations for runoff protection. Equipment will be staged on existing roadways along the SBA on the paved roadway. All work is within DWR right of way.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resources
1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-2908
- 37°43'10.9"N 121°41'42.7"W
- Cross Streets
- Altamont Pass Rd, I-580, Greenville Rd, Tesla Rd, Mines Rd.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, Existing Facilities, Section No. 15301(b)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The State Water Project provides significant and important services to many Californians. This project is exempt because it involves routine maintenance activities. This project will not result in impacts to special status species or habitat. Because this activity can be implemented without any significant environmental impacts, the Categorical Exemption Class 1 will be used for CEQA compliance.
- Notice of Exemption
- signed NOE SBA Erosion Sites OM_DFD_2020_005 PDF 419 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.