Grant a Right of Entry (ROE) to Liberty Utilities for access to Emerald Bay State Park to remove and replace a total of twenty-five (25) power poles as well as access to, and use of, a helicopter staging area to aid in the removal and replacement of power poles located in areas not accessible by utility trucks. The staging area for the helicopter will be located at the Eagle Point Campground Rubicon Trailhead Day Use parking lot and the helicopter path of travel will avoid the air space over Vikingsholm , Fannette Island, piers, and/or other structures. Work will:
• Remove fifteen (15) trees greater than 14" DBH: five (5) Jeffrey pine, four (4) white fir, and six (6) black cottonwood and prune additional trees as needed;
• Remove the twenty-five (25) old power poles;
• Use shovels and a jackhammer to excavate nineteen (19) 8' deep by 24" diameter holes;
• Use a backhoe to excavate six (6) 8' deep by 30" diameter holes;
• Use shovels and a jackhammer to excavate two (2) 8' deep by 24" diameter anchor holes approximately 30' from power poles P-9 and P-10 to anchor a guy wire to support the poles; and
• Use a utility line truck to set thirteen (13) poles and backfill around the poles with gravel and top with existing soil.
At the Eagle Point Campground Rubicon Trailhead Day Use parking lot:
• Deliver (by truck) and stage twelve (12) poles in the dirt parking lot;
• Use the helicopter to transport twelve (12) poles over Emerald Bay to the project location and set in place, and to transport the twelve (12) removed poles back over Emerald Bay to the staging area for removal by truck; and
• Use a water truck to minimize dust resulting from helicopter operations at the staging area.