Military Ocean Terminal Concord (MOTCO), Barge Pier Repair
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 2 (San Francisco Bay), Oakland
- Document Title
- Military Ocean Terminal Concord (MOTCO), Barge Pier Repair
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Department of the Army, MOTCO
- Document Description
- The Project purpose is to repair the existing Barge Pier, constructed in 1944 as an all-timber structure, and extend the life expectancy a minimum of 20 to 25 years. The pier supports the waterside security and firefighting capabilities at MOTCO. Inspections in 2016 concluded that it was in need of structural repairs and protective pile wrapping to slow or stop further marine borer damage to the wooden piles. Work will involve pile replacements, pile wrapping repairs, and shoreline bank stabilization.
- Contact Information
San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board
1515 Clay St., Ste. 1400
Oakland, CA 94612
Phone : (510) 622-5680
- Contra Costa
- Other Location Info
- The MOTCO facility Barge Pier is located on the southern shore of Suisun Bay approximately six miles north of Concord (lat. 38.056248, long. -122.03977).
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project constitutes repairs to an existing structure to maintain physical integrity. There will be no new construction associated with the Project.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070097_Barge Pier Repair MOTCO PDF 151 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.