Canevaro Ditch Rock Diversion Dam Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0019-R4).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 4 - Central, Fresno (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Central Region 4)
- Document Title
- Canevaro Ditch Rock Diversion Dam Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0019-R4).
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2020-0019-R4, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the applicant, Sherman Arsenio. The Project involves activities related to the one-time construction of a rock diversion dam in the Merced River at the head of the Canevaro Ditch. Dam installation will result in backing up water and guiding flow into the diversion ditch.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Central Region
1234 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-4014
- Other Location Info
- The Project will occur in and adjacent to the Merced River, at river mile 50.50, approximately 2.3 miles east of the community of Snelling, Merced County, California; northeast ¼ of Section 11, Township 5 South, Range 14 East, USGS 7.5 Minute Quad Map Snelling, MDB & M; Latitude 37.517390 N, Longitude -120.394478 W.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type – Class 1; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project includes activities involved in the operation of existing diversion ditches. The Project is not intended to expand an existing facility use. The Project will not have significant environmental impacts if it is completed under the protective features of Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0019-R4.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070082_Canevaro Ditch Rock Diversion Dam Project PDF 277 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.