California Aqueduct MP 159.99L Westlands Water District CIP Conversion
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- California Aqueduct MP 159.99L Westlands Water District CIP Conversion
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Westlands Water District requested permission to encroach on the Department of Water Resource (DWR) right-of-way (ROW) to convert its existing temporary CIP (canal integration program pump-in facility) into a permanent facility. The CIP is used to discharge nonState Water Project water into the Aqueduct when certain hydrological conditions are met. The work consists of placement of pipe and supports in the Aqueduct, saw-cutting the asphalt road, digging a trench across the Aqueduct road, laying a new pipe in the trench and encasing it in concrete, backfilling, compacting and re-asphalting the road surface. Trenching and laying pipe in the adjacent dirt roads will occur as necessary; pipe may also be placed above ground. All trenches created on dirt roads will be backfilled and compacted. Westlands Water District Contractors will benefit.
- Contact Information
Dept. of Water Resources San Luis Field Division
31770 Gonzago Rd.
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5134
- Other Location Info
- The work will be on the left side (L) of the California Aqueduct (Aqueduct) at milepost (MP) 159.99, approximately 4.2 miles southeast of the City of Huron.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15305(b) Minor Alterations in Land Use Limitations
- Reasons for Exemption
- Westlands Water District requests encroachment permission to convert an existing temporary CIP in DWR's ROW to a permanent one. DWR is the Responsible Agency issuing an encroachment permit to WWD. Work consists of minor alterations to land with an average slope of less than 20 percent. Categorical Exemption 15305(b) (Minor Alterations in Land Use Limitations-Issuance of Minor Encroachment Permits) applies. WWD, as the Lead Agency, is responsible for any additional California Environmental Quality Act documentation.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070080_California Aqueduct MP 159 PDF 120 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.