Abatement of Concrete Wall on Moody Gulch at 17985 Apache Trail (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0246-R3)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 3 - Bay Delta, Fairfield (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3)
- Document Title
- Abatement of Concrete Wall on Moody Gulch at 17985 Apache Trail (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0246-R3)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0246-R3, pursuant to section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the project Applicant, Anthony Nguyen. The Project includes remediation of a violation that included construction of a concrete and cinderblock retaining wall in the southern bank of Moody Gulch Creek during 2017 and 2018. The Project includes removal of the existing 60-foot-long retaining wall using hand tools. Where the retaining wall materials are embedded within bedrock, the wall will be cut flush with the bedrock. Prior to construction of the retaining wall, erosion of the southern bank was present due to deflection of water around the stumps of two fallen Coast redwood (Sequoia sempervirens) trees that are rooted on the northern bank. To restore and further protect the steep southern bank from erosion, these stumps will be cut to grade and then will be moved to the southern bank and cabled to the bedrock beneath the soil of the southern bank. There will also be 100-pound rocks cabled to the bedrock beneath the creek bank. The slope protection, including the redwood stumps and rock, will be placed within 13 square feet of the creek bank.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Bay Delta Region
2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 95434
Phone : (707) 944-5534
- Santa Clara
- Other Location Info
- The Project is located at 17985 Apache Trail, Los Gatos, Santa Clara County, California. The coordinates are 37.164073° N latitude and 121.985183° W longitude (NAD 83 or WGS 84). The Assessor’s Parcel Number is 558-14-018.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type –Class 4; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project includes minor alteration to private land and vegetation that does not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070079_Abatement of Concrete Wall PDF 171 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.