Morton's Warm Springs Water Company - New Serpentine Pipe for Chlorine Disinfection Treatment Project (Project)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Morton's Warm Springs Water Company - New Serpentine Pipe for Chlorine Disinfection Treatment Project (Project)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Project will increase chlorination contact time to provide continuous disinfection treatment that achieves 4-log virus inactivation (99.99% inactivation) on all raw water as it is pumped from Well 01. Morton's Warm Springs Water Company will install a total of twenty-eight feet of piping, consisting of 3-inch and 12-inch diameter piping from Well 01 to the existing distribution system, as part of a by-pass connection. The piping will be installed within an existing underground pumphouse and aboveground within a new plywood box to protect it from ultraviolet exposure. Fifteen feet of less than a½ -inch diameter of chlorine tubing will also be installed from the existing chlorine pump and tank to the chlorine injection point in the new piping.
- Contact Information
Janice M. Oakley
State Water Resources Control Board
Sonoma District Office 50 D Street, Suite 200
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Phone : (707) 576-2145
- Other Location Info
- 1651 Warm Springs Road in Glen Ellen within Sonoma County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1 Existing Facilities; Class 3 New Construction or Conversion of Small Structures
- Reasons for Exemption
- The addition of piping to the existing investor owned water system consists of Class 1, minor alteration to existing utility facilities, (Section 15301 (b/e ), <2,500 feet2). The addition of the piping can also consist of Class 3, water mains of reasonable length to serve such construction, (Section 15303, <16 in. diameter, <1 mile in length).
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070075_Morton's Warm Springs Water Company NOE PDF 1578 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.