California Endangered Species Act Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2019-054-04 ITP for the Lateral 13 Fresh Water Pipeline Replacement Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 4 - Central, Fresno (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Central Region 4)
- Document Title
- California Endangered Species Act Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2019-054-04 ITP for the Lateral 13 Fresh Water Pipeline Replacement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) has issued a California Endangered Species Act (CESA; Fish and Game Code, § 2050 et seq.) Incidental Take Permit (ITP), No. 2081-2019-054-04, to permit West Kern Water District, to incidentally take San Joaquin antelope squirrel and San Joaquin kit fox, which are listed as threatened species under CESA (Fish & G. Code § 2050 et seq.; see Cal. Code Regs., tit. 14, § 670.5, subd. (b)(6)(B) and (b)(6)(E), respectively). The ITP authorizes take of San Joaquin antelope squirrel (Ammospermophilus nelsoni) and San Joaquin kit fox (Vulpes macrotis mutica), species listed as threatened pursuant to CESA for activities associated with the Lateral 13 Fresh Water Pipeline Replacement Project, including the pipeline installation, excavation, replacement, hydrotesting, and repair, and other related activities. The installation of the replacement pipeline segment will include the following general sequence of activities: site preparation, mobilization, installation/construction of erosion and dust control measures, pipeline trenching and dirt excavation, placing the pipe within the trench and anchor to the concrete thrust blocks, connecting the new pipeline to the existing pipeline, conducting hydrostatic testing to ensure pipeline integrity, installation of surface features – including air release valves, blow-off valves, and valve boxes, abandonment of the existing pipeline segment, demobilization, and site cleanup and restoration.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) Central Region
1234 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-4014 ext. 227
- Other Location Info
- The Lateral 13 Fresh Water Pipeline Replacement Project is located in western Kern County, immediately southeast of the town of Valley Acres, California. The Project site primarily lies within Section 28, Township 31 South, Range 24 East, Mount Diablo Base and Meridian (MDB&M).
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Public Resources Code Division 13 Environmental Quality, Section 21080.21
- Reasons for Exemption
- See NOE for full details.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020070070_California Endangered Species Act PDF 219 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.