Tidestrom’s Lupine and Dudley’s Lousewort Seed Collection for Long-term Conservation Storage
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife (Headquarters), Habitat Conservation Planning Branch - Sacramento (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Habitat Conservation Planning )
- Document Title
- Tidestrom’s Lupine and Dudley’s Lousewort Seed Collection for Long-term Conservation Storage
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Amy Patten, Rare Plant Treasure Hunt Manager, CNPS
- Present Land Use
- The Project will take place at Asilomar State Beach in Monterey County, Sonoma Coast State Park in Sonoma County, and Portola Redwoods State Park in San Mateo County.
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife is issuing a permit to the California Native Plant Society (CNPS) [Permit No. 2081(a)-20 010-RP] pursuant to Fish and Game Code section 2081(a) for a project to collect seeds from two state-listed plant species: Tidestrom’s lupine (Lupinus tidestromii var. tidestromii) and Dudley’s lousewort (Pedicularis dudleyi). Seed will be collected June through August 2020. Up to five percent of the seed production will be collected from each population. A voucher specimen will be collected from each Tidestrom’s lupine population if the population is large enough that collection will not impact population viability. Voucher specimens and seeds will be submitted to one of the following institutions for long-term conservation storage: (1) California Botanic Garden in Claremont; (2) Rae Selling Berry Seed Bank at Portland State University, Portland, Oregon; (3) Santa Barbara Botanic Garden in Santa Barbara; (4) UC Botanical Garden at UC Berkeley; (5) UC Santa Cruz Arboretum and Botanic Garden; or (6) the National Center for Genetic Resources Preservation in Fort Collins, Colorado. Plant material may be temporarily stored and processed at the Regional Parks Botanic Garden in Tilden Park in Berkeley.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
California Department of Fish and Wildlife HCPB P.O. Box 944209
Sacramento, CA 94244-2090
Phone : (916) 376-8676
- Monterey San Mateo Sonoma
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Other Location Info
- Asilomar State Beach in Monterey County, Sonoma Coast State Park in Sonoma County, and Portola Redwoods State Park in San Mateo County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15307, Class 7
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project will facilitate conservation of Tidestrom’s lupine and Dudley’s lousewort and consists of actions to assure the maintenance, restoration, or enhancement of these species. The permit issued by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife for the Project includes measures to ensure that existing populations of Tidestrom’s lupine and Dudley’s lousewort are not impacted.
- Notice of Exemption
- C__Users_akammet_Desktop_20-010-RP NOE PDF 221 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.