Richmond Advanced Energy Community (AEC) Phase II Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Energy Commission (California Energy Commission)
- Document Title
- Richmond Advanced Energy Community (AEC) Phase II Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Zero Net Energy Alliance, Inc.
- Document Description
- ZNE Alliance will 1) Implement a Distributed Energy Resource (DER) Community program that optimizes economic and resilience value at the community and grid level, while directing new revenues and societal benefits to low-income residents in Richmond and 2) Implement a grid-integrated Zero Net Carbon Ready (ZNCR) Homes Program which rehabilitates blighted homes to ZNCR status and enables their re-sale as affordable infill properties to low-to-middle income residents using capital provided by Social Impact Bonds. The scale-up of these strategies to other California communities will be supported by development of an AEC Resource Center and the prepartation of the AEC Solutions Toolkit.
- Contact Information
California Energy Commission
1516 Ninth Street, MS-48
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 445-5316
- Contra Costa
- Other Location Info
- 406 B Street Richmond 94801 Contra Costa 390 S 34Th St Richmond 94804 Contra Costa 527 S 21St St Richmond 94804 Contra Costa 687 7Th St Richmond 94801 Contra Costa 361 S 13Th St Richmond 94804 Contra Costa
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Cal. Code Regs., tit 14, § 15301 ; Cal. Code Regs., tit 14, § 15303
- Reasons for Exemption
- The grant project activities affecting the physical environment will include adding advanced Distributed Energy Resources (DER) technologies to existing and new buildings in Richmond, California. The buildings include single-family residential, multi-family residential, commercial, industrial, and public buildings. These DER technologies include energy efficiency retrofits, solar photovoltaic panels, storage batteries, and possibly water efficiency retrofits, along with a state-of-the-art, electronic DER management platform (hardware and software). CEQA exemptions under California Code of Regulations, title 14, sections 15301 and 15303 apply. See NOE for full details.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020060338_Final_NOE_CEQA-EPC-19-005 (6 PDF 96 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.