California Aqueduct Reach 3 Erosion Repairs
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR)
- Document Title
- California Aqueduct Reach 3 Erosion Repairs
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- DWR's San Luis Field Division (SLFD) will repair erosions, as needed, on both sides of Aqueduct Reach 3. The eroded material onsite will first be used to backfill the erosions; if additional material is needed, it will be transported from an existing SLFD stockpile. After being backfilled, the erosions will be compacted either by using a sheep's foot roller or by using a tamper. The embankment will be recontoured to design specifications. This work will be conducted annually. State Water Project users will benefit.
- Contact Information
Dept. of Water Resources
San Luis Field Division 31770 Gonzaga Rd.
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5134
- Other Location Info
- Erosions will be repaired, as needed, on the right and left sides of the California Aqueduct (Aqueduct) in the DWR right-of-way from milepost 66.71 to MP 85.30. The northernmost location is approximately 2.5 miles west of the intersection of Interstate 5 and Santa Nella Road. The southernmost location is at the northern fenceline of Dos Amigos Pumping Plant, approximately 0.7 miles southeast of the intersection of State Route 165 and Poleline Road.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301 (Existing Facilities)
- Reasons for Exemption
- As needed, the project will repair erosions along the existing Aqueduct embankment and Aqueduct road on both sides of Aqueduct Reach 3. Repairs are necessary to protect the integrity of the Aqueduct and will not increase the capacity or use of it. Categorical Exemption 15301 (Existing Facilities) applies.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020060323_California Aqueduct Reach 3 Erosion Repairs PDF 117 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.