Phase II Baseline Shellfish Health Assessment and Water Quality Monitoring
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- San Diego Unified Port District
- Document Title
- Phase II Baseline Shellfish Health Assessment and Water Quality Monitoring
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The San Diego Unified Port District (Applicant), proposes to expand upon previous baseline health assessments of juvenile shellfish in San Diego Bay (Bay) by performing baseline testing of health and quality of adult oysters and mussels at six locations throughout the Bay using shellfish baskets, and conducting concurrent water quality monitoring at these locations (the shellfish health testing and water quality testing are collectively referred to as the "Project"). Due to its nature and limited scope, construction of the Project would generate a minor amount of vehicle trips and would require limited use of equipment. Therefore, impacts related to air quality, greenhouse gas emissions, and transportation and traffic are not anticipated to occur. Furthermore, the Applicant would be responsible for compliance with all laws and regulations associated with the activities on or in connection with the above-described premises, and in all uses thereof, including those regulating stormwater and hazardous materials. See NOE for full document description.
- Contact Information
San Diego Unified Port District
3165 Pacific Highway
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone : (619) 686-8199
- Chula Vista San Diego
- San Diego
- Other Location Info
- Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) (32.687 N, -117.234 W) San Diego Harbor Police Dock (32 .709 N, -117.235 W) Grape Street Pier No. 1 (32 .72452 N, -117.17528 W) Mid-South Bay (32.64214 N, -117.12847 W) J St Harbor Park Fishing Pier (32.62347 N, -117.10511 W) Chula Vista Spit (former South Bay Power Plant site) (32.61354 N, -117.09892 W)
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Existing Facilities (SG § 15301) (Class 1), Minor Alterations to Land (SG § 15304) (Class 4), Information Collection...
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project is determined to be Categorically Exempt pursuant to the CEQA Guidelines and the Sections of the District's Guidelines for Compliance with CEQA as identified above. These are appropriate for the proposed project because it would involve no expansion of use beyond that previously existing and would not result in a significant cumulative impact due to the continuation of the existing use; would result in no permanent effects on the environment, and would not involve the removal of mature, scenic trees; is for the purpose of basic data collection/research/experimental management/resource evaluation activities which would not result in a serious or major disturbance to an environmental resource; and would include placement of minor structures accessory to existing facilities. Sections 3.a (1), 3.d (6), 3.f, and 3.i (1) . of the District's CEQA Guidelines are as follows: See NOE for full details.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020060306_2020-059 Phase 2 Shellfish Baseline Health Assessment (NOE and receipt) PDF 2827 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.