Rancho Temescal Long Term Maintenance of Surface Water Diversion Pumps Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0215-R5)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Rancho Temescal Long Term Maintenance of Surface Water Diversion Pumps Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0215-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2019-0215-R5, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Tim Cohen of Rancho Temescal. The Permittee has operated surface water diversion pumps at these same two locations through two previous CDFW agreements 1600-2001-0316-R5 and 1600-2008-0143-R5 Revision 1. The Permittee intends to alter the streambed by operating and maintaining (3) three surface water diversion pumps at two locations. Pump location #1 consists of two electric pumps and two screens, and are capable of diverting, 1,000 gallons per minute (gpm). Pump location #2 consists of one diesel pump and one screen, capable of diverting 500gpm. Each pump intake is fitted with a fine mesh screen.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (818) 585-7801
- 34°27'6.76"N 118°45'16.6"W
- Parcel #
- 016-0-210-02 and 055-0-070-03
- Piru Creek
- Other Location Info
- Location #1: Approximately 0.6 miles downstream of the Santa Felecia dam and upstream of the confluence of Lime Canyon and Piru creek. Location #2: Approximately 0.6 miles upstream of the Center Street bridge in the diversion pond operated by Piru Mutual Water Company.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class (1); California Code of Regulations, title 14, section (15301)
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 1 consists of operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing, or minor alteration of existing private structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographical features, involving no expansion beyond that existing at the time. This project includes the maintenance and operation of an existing private water pumping pits with no expansion beyond that of what is already existing.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020060277_2019-0215 PDF 264 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.